Monday, February 23, 2009

Are Ya'll Ready?




I know that these aren't typical Renfroe posts, however, these are a reader request, and I gotta keep em' happy. If one (of the three of ya'll) who read this wants crafts, who am I to stand in your way? Haha!

I did have a few encouraging emails this week from mommas who were inspired to get their boxes together. I hope your kiddos have as much fun as mine have!
....
Remember that the quilfications for these crafts are that they are quick and to the point. My kids usually do these type of activities before dinner, and in between whining for ring pops for supper.
.....
Ok, the caterpillar is just rolled clay with pipe cleaner and beads for antenaes. The baby can't really do this one without 100 % of my attention. (Clay is just SO delicious!) So, I gave her fruitloops and yarn. The yarn was not so yummy, (she learned quick) but the fruit loops were!
ST helped her to string the fruitloops. This was easy and quick. Dumplin' thought it was snack time and not craft time, so that reminded me that the same activity could be done with a mellon-baller and toothpics for the older kids.
.....
The activity below was one we worked on this weekend. I will post our pictures later. This was a great activity for kids Mam's age (2). I just gave each of the kids several papers and encouraged them to paint one page, all one color. Dumplin' had colored construction paper and a paintbrush with only water on it. ST was in charge of her cup. He dipped her brush when it was dry.
.....
Dumplin's paint brush was a brand new plastic one. For her age it is all about cause and effect.
The favorite part of this activity was tearing the paper up. You can read more about the activity here.

Have fun. I will post on a few more crafts tommorrow.

post signature

1 comment:

Donna said...

Look at you getting on a blogging roll! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your craft ideas- your valentine's day was PRECIOUS- I may steal that idea next year. I love the craft box with stuff they can use anytime- all our stuff is put away and I've realized that the kids like arts and crafts more than I thought and I need to make it a priority. Oh- and how precious about ST seeking God through the same study that moved his daddy's heart. That is very special.