Friday, February 20, 2009

Momma's Tackle Box



Remember this tackle box? I wanted to tell you about it. In this box I have basically everything that I need to do a quickie on demand or rainy day craft with the kids.
The box idea, I believe, dates back to my super-organized friend Amy. She is FABULOUS at
#1-organizing
#2-coming up with projects for kids
#3-simplifying everything
The Renfroes actually went for a while where this was our standard birthday party gift.
What's in the box:
yarn
fuzzy balls
different glitter glue combos (already mixed up)
modeling clay
feathers
colored popsicle sticks
stickers
watercolor paints
small tempera paints
paint brushes
pipe cleaners
confetti
Hole punch
Kid friendly sissors & crazy cutters
glue sticks
etc.
It has been really "well loved" at our house I keep a vinyl tablecloth right near the box in my mommy sized craft (box/closet) I also keep the kids paint shirts, crayons, elmer's glue and markers there. And on a seperate shelf is paper and canvas for the kids. The reason I keep these "out" of the box is they require more supervision. The thing about the box is they can use it anytime, not just when mommy feels like doing art.
Later, I will fill you in on some of our fun craft-box projects!


post signature

1 comment:

Amy said...

o here are my 2 favorite blogs on art projects for kids. You may already know about them but i thought i would share anyway.
1. Art projects for kids :http://www.artprojectsforkids.org/

2. Let's Explore:
http://lets-explore.typepad.com/weblog/

Hope you are inspired!!!