Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hope--What is on my Mind

I had to post on that hymn earlier today. It was super encouraging to me. This Christmas season has been such a learning process for me. What a crazy year it has been huh? With the fall of the real estate market and the fall of the economy we have had to get super creative around the Renfroe household this Christmas.

This past week I have had the opportunity to email back and forth with a dear friend of mine from high school. She is my friend that is like a sister to me. I don't really remember a time in my life without her, which is a great thing because she has always had a sweet walk with the Lord. She (and her mom) had a tremendous influence on my own walk with God.

Well, here I have been bustling around getting creative with what to do with the kids for Christmas, for others, for Santa... When she emailed that her husband had lost his job due to this economy, I was devastated for them. It occurred to me that we are in the same boat. Due to this economy, and for all practical purposes, Al has lost his job. We talked a bit more about hope.

In 2 Corinthians Paul talks about our present troubles being (shortlived) but also necessary to produce eternal glory. Troubles (hard but short lived)+ the life of a believer= eternal glory that lasts for all time. Why do I not long for times like this?

Anyway, I just wanted to encourage all of my sistas that are having to get creative around your homes for Christmas. I asked Al what he thought about all this and he said, "What a great opportunity for us to give (our kids) what they really need this Christmas--Jesus."

Merry Merry Christmas!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! thanks for reminding me of this...much needed! In hard times, we often ask why and not what. What is God teaching or telling me during this time?

ps-start the ugly doll store, please;)

erika said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing!