Wednesday, December 17, 2008

For Our Teachers



I want to give you all a peek at what the Renfroe boys will be giving their teachers tommorrow. I worked on these last week during breaks in my class. My students had a ball telling me what colors they wanted me to use and etc. I had a tons of fun. My kids enjoyed the art lessons.


I asked both boys questions about school and their teachers and wrote down what they said on the back.


Brother's was very school oriented. He said: Dear Miss Jennings, I love you and I love that you are my teacher. My favorite thing to do in your class is to play stations. My favorite lesson was about school supplies. I loved pajama day. I loved making hot chocolate and having a bell and that's all. My favorite thing we do in school is art. I love to color and paint. I want to color and paint all day. I really like to go outside and play on the playground. My favorite thing to play is 'tricks.' But, if a teacher sees us playing 'tricks' we have to go sit on the hill. I really like going to school early. I like when you call roll. Sometimes, I get called last on your roll, that's because an "R" must be last.
Love,
ST



Taye was not at all interested in this project. Sorry, Miss Terri. He said, "All I want to say to Miss Terri is 'hey' and 'bye' and THAT IS IT." I did (finally) get some good stuff though. "Well, I do like to play king at school. And, I like playing racing with Miss Terri. I also like to give Miss Terri hugs. My FAVORITE thing at my school is my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I like to learn about coloring. I like to go outside. I don't like to sit in my chair, be still, be quiet, put my head down or hold my quiet finger up. I also don't like to zip our mouths. And, I don't like to take a nap. And, that is it! I really like Miss Terri because she LOVES me so I don't have to be in trouble. "
Love,
Taye
hmmm...very tell-tale. haha!

post signature

3 comments:

Darby said...

Laura,
They are PRECIOUS and so is your CARD! I got it yesterday and it's at the top of my list of favs!

The Reeves Family said...

That is such a great idea! So cute! I know that they will love them!!

Anonymous said...

I think that I want to be one of your kids teachers!!! I love these - those green strips on that second canvas look fabulous!!!